I made this tutorial some time ago and for some reason neglected to upload it here on the blog. It covers some of the important basics for someone new to Moodle in terms of just working with topic/unit blocks to start featuring and organising content and assignments within a given course unit or focus. In many ways this draws together a number of other targeted tutorials I've already made (you'll see the relevant links below), but in this case the whole process of creating a unit is built and presented in one sequence.
What you will see here includes:
- Making a simple name or title for a unit/topic block
- Adding different learning resources to that particular unit (in this case a video file and a worksheet in MS Word format) -> Also demonstrated here
- Including an assignment upload requirement -> Also shown here
- Demonstration of how students can go about uploading their assignments
- Finding the uploaded assignments students have submitted -> Shown in detail here
- 'Dressing up' the unit/topic block with a picture/icon and some introductory information (this is also featured in a targeted tutorial located here)
All of my Moodle tutorials are now gathered in one place here, so hope you find something useful there!